This position is primarily responsible for administrative and expediting duties in procurement that assist with ensuring continuous flow of product replenishment, as well as daily interacting with the sales team on product for customer requests and/or product updates.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Procurement/Buyer Support
• Coordinates product availability requests between manufacturer and leads back to sales team on the status of request.
• Oversees the setting up of the Premier contracts
• System Updates: Review open PO’s-ASNs/VAN, new item set up, system administrative and item maintenance tasks
• Tracking items with active or potential market issues based on Vendor feedback
• Evaluating product position with primary, secondary, & tertiary options for discussion when necessary
• Weekly internal communication to provide updates regarding market situations, general status for awareness purposes.
· Review out of stocks, document back ordered items, etc.
· Maintain catalog-update active/inactive numbers and descriptions; Develops collaborative relationships with warehouse dc, finance, customer service, etc.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with vendors and co-workers.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Analytical Skills –Basic/Advanced Excel skills (sum function, VLOOKUP, calculations, etc.) Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School education or Bachelor’s degree a plus: Preferred or a combination of education and experience.
Experience: Prior pharmacy/pharmaceutical procurement experience is a plus. And a minimum of three years of experience in an analytical role where working with data and sales related to procurement and inventory management.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, Word, Power Point. Experience with purchasing software a plus.