Our Team Members have the opportunity to gain real-world work experience, develop skills that will further their careers, and make new friends along the way! We are dedicated to exceptional hospitality and making moments worth repeating all summer long! We focus on providing exceptional service and a great environment, developing our employees and having fun!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance and repair of a variety of Park facilities ranging from buildings to pools and attractions. Applicant must possess basic mechanical aptitude and skill. Must have the willingness and ability to use these skills to ensure the safe operation, maintenance, and inspections of amusement rides, attractions and company equipment. This department also operates equipment to clean pools and slides and may be required to handle chemicals using proper personal protective equipment. Must be 18 years of age for most positions.
- Understands and supports the Cowabunga Canyon culture.
- Uses excellent judgment.
- Identifies problems and works quickly to find solutions.
- Works effectively with others, on all levels, in a positive and professional manner.
- Has excellent communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise, and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of interaction with Guests, Team Members, and Directors.
- Has the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- This position may require standing for long periods of time outdoors, exposed to the elements of nature, including but not limited to hot temperatures and rain.
- Is flexible, adaptive, and a team player.
- Should possess basic knowledge in electrical, plumbing, small combustion engine repair and maintenance.
- Must be able to trouble-shoot clearly, calmly and safely in the presence of Guests and fellow Team Members.
- Must possess strong safety sensitivity & ability to work with many different types of mechanical devises.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the primary job duties, including climbing and working at heights up to and in excess of 50ft., crawling and working in confined spaces and lifting to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, kneel, squat, stoop and twist.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Must possess the physical dexterity to operate hand tools and motor vehicles.
- Must be willing and able to enter pools to perform maintenance.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time
- May be required to lift at least 20-50 lbs.
- May be required to be exposed to direct sunlight, hot temperatures, or rain.
- Must be able to multitask and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must be able to communicate effectively