Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 500+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Technical Specialist provides next-level customer support in the troubleshooting process. This role requires expert problem-solving for all technical inquiries, utilizing advanced knowledge of products, processes, and commonly used customer service concepts. The Technical Specialist communicates with Whisker customers through phone and email to efficiently resolve technical inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Provides hands-on technical support to Whisker customers who need additional troubleshooting after initial contact with the Product Specialist team
- Manages inbound contacts and customer communication within the outlined KPI’s
- Advanced understanding of Whisker products and the troubleshooting processes
- Offers customers technical support with our mobile app, including onboarding, and connectivity concerns
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical troubleshooting and eagerness to learn about all Whisker products and devices
- Actively participates in the weekly team meetings
- Internal Feedback: We look to our support team for insight into how customers feel about our products, what troubleshooting issues are trending, etc.
- Product improvements: You may be selected to work with our marketing and engineering teams to provide feedback on beta testing and product developments
- Team Collaboration: You will participate in devising unique solutions based on customer experience with how our products are used in their home environment all over the world
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
Shifts Available in EST:
Monday - Friday 11a - 7:30pm
What You’ll Bring:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Technical, Engineering, or Information Technology (or 4 years of applicable field experience)
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of a help-desk, chat, or customer service experience
- 2+ years of experience on a technical support team
- Experience with data entry and order entry
- Experience in a metrics-based work environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Responsive to feedback and action-oriented
- Ability to respond to communication in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor under pressure
- Team player - flexibility, adaptability, and a desire to succeed are a must!
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong computer skills, including experience with GSuite or similar programs
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
- Flexibility to work hours outside of shift and overtime when necessary
Not Required, but nice to have!
- Previous experience in an advanced technical specialist role or similar
- French, German, Italian, and/or Spanish language skills are a huge plus!
- Google Suite experience
- Ability to type at least 55 words per minute, with 97%+ accuracy
- Not required to have pets, but highly recommended!
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.