CREA, LLC is a full-service low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. With over 20 years in affordable housing, CREA has raised $11 billion - resulting in the formation of over 83,000 homes within 906 communities across the country. Thanks to the contribution of over 155 employees, CREA continues to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with us into the future. We are currently looking to add a talented AVP, Acquisitions Associate, to the Acquisitions department in CREA’s Sarasota, FL., Boston, or Indianapolis office.
Physical Presence: In-Office | Tue – Thu; Flexible | Mon & Fri
Open to the following locations: Sarasota, FL., Boston, MA., or Indianapolis, IN.
Reports to: Vice President, Acquisitions
The primary role of this position is to manage a pipeline of affordable housing properties, conduct financial analysis, prepare executive summaries, and coordinate CREA’s business development pipeline for qualifying Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. The qualified candidate must be able to effectively communicate with developers, third party lenders, legal counsel, and CREA employees at all levels.
- Manage the Originator’s LIHTC pipeline from prospect to signed Letter of Intent.
- Represent CREA internally and externally on behalf of Originator.
- Analyze and update financial projections for affordable multifamily LIHTC residential properties and assist in facilitating project structuring solutions amendable to both CREA and its developers.
- Review market studies, LIHTC applications, and sponsorship information to ensure conformance with internal requirements.
- Prepare Placement Committee packages and lead presentations for Placement Committee as necessary for Originators.
- Proactively coordinate Placement Committee approvals
- Prepare letters of intent and coordinate the analysis and incorporation of comments and post-Placement Committee approvals.
- Other duties, as requested by the VP, Acquisitions
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Real Estate; a minimum of 3 years of applicable financial analysis, financial modeling, and transactional multifamily LIHTC real estate experience are required. CPA designation and/or MBA is a plus but not a prerequisite. Candidate must have excellent communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to comfortably interact with senior management and a large external client base. Less than 10% travel per year is required, including attendance at industry conferences and events and the company meeting(s) as determined by VP, Acquisitions. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Core Competencies.
- Integrity, professionalism, reliability, and trustworthiness.
- Proactive mindset and initiative
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work with limited guidance & supervision
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve.
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect.
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients.