ABOUT READING HORIZONS
Reading Horizons is an educational company with one key goal: to make literacy skills accessible to as many people as possible because we believe that reading is for everyone. The culture at Reading Horizons is built on our shared core values: We are IMPACT-driven, put PEOPLE FIRST, and show up as a SUPPORTIVE PARTNER.
POSITION TYPE: Contractor, Temporary
Location: United States only
Hours and Compensation
- The compensation for new Reading Horizons Certified Facilitators (Level 1) is as follows:
- 6-hour onsite events: $900 bundled rate
- Facilitators are reimbursed for costs associated with travel accommodations.
- All work is subject to the availability of the contractor and the current workflow; therefore, monthly and weekly hours, as well as event assignments, cannot be guaranteed.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Reading Horizons Certified Facilitators are talented and passionate reading educators who champion Reading Horizons’ mission to eradicate illiteracy. We are recruiting a Certified Facilitator, an independent contractor, to join the Implementation Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for retired educators and those transitioning out of the classroom. It’s ideal for individuals interested in summer-only work. Join our mission-driven company to create equitable classrooms and remain part of a school community. If you have passion, knowledge, expertise in facilitating professional learning and coaching classroom teachers, excellent communication and time management skills, and are self-disciplined and trustworthy, we would love to hear from you.
- Become an expert on Reading Horizons’ approach to reading instruction by completing the facilitator certification process.
- Engage in an internal cycle of professional improvement and learning (including being observed, receiving feedback, and being coached).
- Help ensure equity in the classroom by delivering professional learning courses to teachers, coaches, and leaders on effectively implementing? the Reading Horizons Discovery® or Reading Horizons Elevate® program ?to impact classroom learning.
- Meet teachers where they are and provide tailored on-site support to teachers, coaches, and leaders. This may range from providing pacing support to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
- Track and submit detailed reports, as well as complete all assignments in a timely manner.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and prospects.
- Experience teaching or coaching using Reading Horizons products
- 5+ years teaching, coaching, or leading educators with a focus on literacy/reading
- A proven track record in effectively facilitating professional learning for large and diverse groups, along with the ability to quickly build rapport and establish oneself as an expert
- A track record of success with coaching in diverse classroom settings
- Ability to be nimble and adjust facilitation to meet participants' needs, to welcome and implement performance feedback, and to apply a growth mindset to the work
- Willingness to collaborate closely with other facilitators and Reading Horizons staff in serving partners
- Ability to join consultant training and engage deeply in self-directed virtual learning
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction and supervision
- Certified Facilitator contractors are scheduled on an as-needed basis during regular school hours.
- This role requires the facilitator to have their own transportation, which involves considerable travel, including overnight stays.
- Demonstrated experience and success in building and creating positive customer experiences are essential.
- This role requires a self-starter, multitasker, and result-oriented individual capable of developing, implementing, and tracking new ideas.
- The candidate should be a strong leader and collaborator, committed to enhancing the impact of our products and services in K–12 classrooms.
- Attendance is required at an in-person 4-day certification training.
- Excellent computer and internet skills are necessary, including proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Slack; familiarity with online meeting programs (e.g., Zoom/WebEx) is a plus.
- Presenting a professional image to customers and prospects in this role is essential.
Candidates in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, California, and Texas, especially Houston and Dallas, will be highly considered.
WHY READING HORIZONS?
We offer our employees the following:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity to make a true impact
- An amazing team-oriented work environment with opportunities to learn and grow
READY TO JOIN OUR IMPLEMENTATION SERVICES TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a quick and easy application process. If you would be suitable for this Certified Facilitator position, please fill out our initial three-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to learning more about you!
Reading Horizons is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.