Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 500+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
With great power comes great responsibility - and the Information Security Engineer at Whisker, is responsible to protect our data, systems, and infrastructure. The Information Security Engineer defines the strategy and implements and utilizes tools to detect, prevent, and mitigate threats against the company. The role delivers security and technical solutions, meeting various needs across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Develops, executes, and tracks the performance of security measures to protect our data, systems, and network infrastructure.
- Monitors network systems and infrastructure for security breaches and intrusions using existing tools and implements new tools and technologies as necessary.
- Works with IT and other department leaders to create and deploy policies aligned with industry best practices related to system security.
- Is the owner or co-owner of various security-related applications and appliances, including but not limited to firewalls, virus protection, email security, and RMM.
- Partners with IT to ensure systems, policies, and procedures are in place supporting PCI compliance.
- Maintains an incident response plan and regularly runs table-top exercises to keep the team fresh and aware of responsibilities during an incident.
- Is the primary stakeholder initiating the incident response plan when necessary - being the primary author and organizer of work products created during a live event.
- Keeps up to date with the latest trends and technologies related to security and known threats.
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Cyber Security and/or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years experience as an Information Security Engineer or related position
- CISSP, CCSP, or SANS GMOB/GPEN or equivalent certifications/qualifications
- Proven experience developing, operating, and maintaining security platforms and processes
- Proficient in network technologies and configuration, security, and monitoring systems
- Proficient in anti-virus systems, firewalls, intrusion detection, notification systems, and content-filtering strategies
- Solid understanding of identity and access management (IAM), MFA, authorization tokens, identity federation, cloud and on-prem AD management, SSO
- Experience applying security fundamentals such as Cryptography, Encryption, certificates, tokens, and open standards frameworks such as OAUTH and SAML
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to translate highly complex technical information to business partners in a way they can understand it
- Proficient in computer programming and ability to use scripting languages, including PowerShell
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, focused on the end goal, remaining positive
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
- Comfortable with office pets (cats, dogs)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here represent those that a Team Member must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use their hands to handle or feel. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits & Purrks:
join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Pet Insurance
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.