Primary Job Duties:
• Knowledge on how to prepare a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items using standard recipes
• Complies with all company standard methods of cooking, portion sizes, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures
• Knowledge on how to properly use broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station and area
• Ensures that only food items approved by management are being prepared
• Assists in food preparation assignments during off peak periods or as needed
• Understands and practices the “FIFO” method
• Follows all company standard operating procedures
• Maintains uniform standards and presents a professional appearance at all times
• Standing for long periods of time with frequent bending and turning
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to withstand extreme hot/cold temperatures
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Certificate or other similar license per local code
Standard Company Expectations:
•Goes beyond the normal expectations without compromising the company mission, vision and values.
•Demonstrates the ability to be courteous and accountable in all situations.
•Responding to guests’ special requests in a courteous and accountable fashion.
•Monitors the consistency of the product provided to all guests.
•Works in a friendly, honest, and diligent manner with fellow team members, supervisors, and managers.
•Cooperates with all team members when assigned additional tasks and listens to others with compassion.
•Seeks knowledge from multiple sources and learns from past experiences for future development and growth.
•Maintains uniform standards.
Please note that the company validates every applicant's right to work in the United States through the E-verify system. Also, in order to maintain the safety of our guests and team members, the company will process a background check upon hire. The results of E-verify and the background check could dictate your employment with the company. We appreciate your compliance and understanding regarding these matters.