We have an exciting opportunity in the Dallas area for a professional mortgage specialist/originator looking to add Islamic Financing along with conventional originations for residential 1-4 family homes in accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures and all applicable agency and investor guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively solicit new residential mortgage loans in order to meet established loan quality and production goals.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of business relationships to ensure a recurring source for mortgage loan referrals. This network could include realtors, mortgage professionals, builders, other professional and personal contacts, and any other referral sources the Islamic Finance Originator develops.
- Enhance the network by regularly participating in business-related development opportunities, community events, visiting mosques, engaging with Islamic community leaders and interacting with professional organizations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Devon Banks’ lending programs, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Distributing promotional and marketing material to Muslim communities
- Arranging and presenting educational workshops at mosques, community events
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 continuous years in a mortgage-related position, with experience generating self-sourced business
- The ability to travel to potential business sources throughout assigned sales territory
- The ability to originate Islamic finance transactions in 17 states
- S.A.F.E. Act licensing required prior to start date
- Ability to speak conversational Arabic or Urdu is a plus
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HumanResources@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773) - 465-2500.