Assist in all areas of feed production.
Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Helps organize daily schedule of required local mix to expedite custom mixing and grinding.
- Assists the production supervisor as needed.
- Keeps feed additive room neat, clean and uncluttered.
- Responsible for keeping all feed additive records current.
- Writes job tickets for each grind or mix as required.
- Assists in grain operations as needed.
- May fill in as feed truck driver as needed.
Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Helps maintain all mill and warehouse equipment and facilities according to schedule.
- Responsible for a clean and uncluttered grinding and mixing room.
- In charge of housekeeping in the production area.
- Helps maintain established housekeeping and sanitation standards in the mill.
- Complies with OSHA, state and federal safety regulations.
- Complies with company safety program.
Sales and Service
- Supports feeding programs and other related products and services when necessary.
- Enforces UFC’s credit policy.
- Assists customers with unloading and loading whenever necessary.
- Assists with customers as needed.
- Resolves customer complaints quickly and fairly in accordance with company policies. Refers unusual situations to Feed Team Manager.
- Responsible for no loss of customers due to poor service.
- Provides service that will continue to build sales.
- Prepares departmental records as requested.
- Participates in departmental meetings as requested by Feed Team Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate required
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Ag background a plus
- Mechanical ability helpful.
- Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying and pushing weights up to 60 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands.
- Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
- Be able to drive vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Must have a valid commercial drivers license.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
- Must attend all training sessions required by law or the company.
- Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company.