Position Description & Responsibilities
Local Roots is dedicated to making Pittsburgh more beautiful from the outside in. We pride ourselves in providing only the best quality work and expect the Lawn Mowing Team Leader to take the same pride and ownership in the jobs they oversee. This position requires interaction with others from different backgrounds, experience levels, and work ethics. It is expected that the Lawn Mowing Team Leader leads their team in demonstrating kindness, respect, and professionalism, especially with those who do not reciprocate. As a professional at Local Roots, responsibility and trustworthiness are central to maintain a healthy working climate. As a supervisor, time management and problem solving are essential. The Team Leader should maintain a positive and respectful relationship with the customer, with their crew, and with the management team.
The Lawn Mowing Team Leader will be responsible for leading themselves, 1-2 crew members, and equipment operation as well as ensuring that all assigned projects are well-maintained and well executed. Typical assigned jobs include but are not limited to:
Commercial and residential mowing, trimming, shrub pruning, mulching, leaf removals, plant installations, and other landscaping.
It’s important that jobs be carried out with attention to detail. The Lawn Mowing Team Leader reports directly to the Manager of Landscaping for all concerns, questions, issues, and customer requests.
The physical demands of this job require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, and frequently operating machinery. This job requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements. This may include heavy to moderate noise and exposure to tools and machines used in lawn mowing.
- Current and valid PA Driver’s license
- Competence in driving a commercial truck
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more
- 2 years or more experience operating zero turn lawn mowers
- Basic plant, weed, and grass identification
- Current Medical Card (Paid for by Local Roots)
- Experience in a leadership role preferred
- Able to work approximately 40-55 hours per week from March-December
- Expertise in operating all landscaping equipment, powered and non-powered.
- Adept in instructing and enforcing jobsite safety rules and regulations
- Proficiency in onsite small equipment repairs
- Time management and problem solving skills
- Reliability and timeliness
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal instructions