FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Trade Compliance Administrator coordinates and administers production serial numbers and handles related issues. In this role, the Trade Compliance Administrator interprets and provides guidance and support for import, Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and firearms regulatory activities. The Trade Compliance Administrator also handles the transfer of serialized firearms.
- Interprets and provides guidance on U.S. government firearms, import regulations including the Arms Export Control Act (ACEA), Export Administration Act (EAA), Customs and Border Protection, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF).
- Serves as trade compliance subject matter expert for serialized firearm related processes.
- Monitors changes in Customs and ATF regulations and attends conferences and seminars to ensure full understanding of such changes.
- Provides ATF regulatory advice and support; initiates serialization control tools to meet business challenges.
- Develops, conducts, and monitors all serialized inventory audits.
- Prepares, submits, and maintains licenses with ATF.
- Coordinates and administers all ATF transfer and import activity.
- Administers all aspects of the firearms serial number system.
- Maintains transaction records as required by regulations.
- Maintains valid registrations and customer ATF Federal Firearm Licenses (FFL).
- Interfaces with representatives of the ATF to respond to firearm trace requests, reports theft/loss and discusses issues and regulatory requirements.
- Leads audits and assessments of the international trade compliance program.
- Provides guidance and support to operation groups with respect to import, FTZ, ERP and firearms regulatory activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Four years combined higher education and/or experience in an administrative function is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Knowledge of US regulation of firearms industry and ability to apply knowledge to firearms production and distribution issues.
- Excellent analytical abilities, judgment, and communication skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work alone and under minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, and careful attention to details.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment.
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SharePoint, Office automation (scanner, copier, etc.), ATF eForms
Typical office environment with little to no exposure to hazardous working conditions.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.