Avesta Housing is looking for a compassionate, organized Leasing Specialist who can ensure that an assigned portfolio of properties operate efficiently, and in compliance with applicable regulations. This position assists applicants with eligibility determination, property selection, supporting Property Management with administrative functions, and ensures the success of our residents by helping to maintain a safe, quality place for them to live.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proactive critical thinking ability.
- Excellent keyboard skills and proficiency in major office software applications.
- Flexibility to organize and reprioritize work as business needs shift.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions based on information at hand.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with disadvantaged populations and familiarity with eligibility determination preferred.
- Experience with Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties and/or affordable housing for this position is preferred.
- Understanding of fair housing practices and regulations preferred. COS certification must be attained within one year of hire.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in office setting.
Click HERE to view the full Leasing Specialist job description. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hourly wage is $21.50 - $24.00/hour.
This position will be based out of Portland.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental wellness services for benefits-eligible employees
- 13 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application. A resume that tells us how your experience is relevant to this role is required.