Remote opportunity, or can sit in our Syracuse, NY office.
VP of Product, Sales and Service AI
Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success Teams
Mission & Vision
We transform the entire vehicle buying and ownership experience by harnessing the full potential of AI-powered digital engagement technology. Impel’s fully integrated platform leverages the industry’s most powerful Large Language Models (LLMs) and generative AI to enable vehicle retailers of all types and sizes to engage, educate, and influence consumers at every touchpoint in the customer lifecycle.
As a Solutions Manager within the Product Management organization, you will play a crucial role in driving the success of our Sales AI product in complex enterprise environments. Serving as a solutions architect and engineer, you will be the go-to expert for sales representatives, customer success managers and implementation teams, providing detailed knowledge and technical expertise.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on the Sales AI product, addressing detailed product and workflow questions for sales reps, customer success managers and implementation reps - joining calls with dealership personnel directly as needed to add more depth to conversations.
- Collaborate closely with product management and product operations teams to stay informed about product updates, enhancements and best practices.
- Work closely with Sales and SDR stakeholders to understand specific dealership needs, ensuring that the AI product can be configured to address unique requirements and capturing these insights for the product management organization.
- Assist in unblocking sales prospecting deals that may require customizations during setup or unique product configurations.
- Proactively identify potential operational/workflow challenges during the pre-sale and collaborate with the implementation and customer success teams to develop effective solutions
- Interface with Product Management and Engineering teams to define detailed technical requirements supporting complex deal structures.
- Help set accounts up for success and long-term retention during implementation and product activation, ensuring optimal product configuration for each dealerships’ unique needs
- Establish a feedback loop mechanism to gather insights from dealership users regarding their experiences with the AI product. Then, use this feedback to help the product management team make iterative improvements, ensuring that the product evolves to meet changing dealership needs and industry trends.
- Conduct deep research into OEM-mandated lead mystery shop programs, ensuring AI responses align with various OEM mystery shop rubrics.
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize product performance post-launch, ensuring continuous improvement and alignment with dealership-specific needs.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and recommend adjustments to enhance the AI's effectiveness in meeting OEM criteria.
- Anticipate and address any issues that may arise during launch, and collaborate with technical support and engineering teams to resolve issues efficiently, minimizing disruptions to dealership operations.
Automotive Industry Knowledge:
- Leverage deep automotive retail experience to provide insights and recommendations tailored to the unique challenges and opportunities within the industry.
- Ideally, bring prior experience working for a major CRM, such as Elead, VINSolution or DealerSocket, in the automotive sector.
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating change.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Proven experience in a solutions architect or solutions engineer role, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Strong technical background with the ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts in simple, accessible language
- Experience working with CRMs in an automotive retail setting is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.