About the Role
We are creating complex, scalable solutions for students and teachers that recognize the fact that each student has unique strengths and needs. We develop digital products and innovative learning models that meet students where they are and connect them to where they need to be. Your role as a software engineer will be to understand our user’s needs and work within a product development team that spans the globe.
This role is remote and requires some overlap with our headquarters timezone of EDT/EST.
What You Would Do
- Understand a modern technology stack broadly, focusing on details where necessary
- Create code and infrastructure in collaboration with your team
- Review the work of your team members, providing constructive feedback
- Document software and systems to deepen the team's collective knowledge
- Participate in sprint planning, work estimation, and team check-ins
Key Competencies of the Role
- Dependability - can be relied upon to do what is expected, match spikes in need with spikes in effort, execute on previously agreed up direction, and deliver in a timely fashion
- Flexibility - able to adjust to changing needs and priorities quickly and graciously; work within an environment that often needs to pivot
- Communication - through written (code comments, ticket updates, documentation) and verbal (meetings, scrums) means, sharing important information in a timely and effective manner
- Creativity - finds new and innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Managing Up - leverages manager time appropriately, both requesting support or guidance and sharing ideas or solutions
The technology stack in which we work includes:
- Microservices implemented in C# and .NET Core
- Data access layer implemented in GraphQL
- PostgreSQL database clusters
- Containerized build and deployment pipelines
- Front end in React and Relay
What We Are Looking For
- Expert C# skills with extensive experience in asynchronous programming and dependency injection (3+ years)
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases, including query languages like SQL, GraphQL, and LINQ
- Basic understanding of containerization concepts with Docker or comparable frameworks
- Comfort and confidence in communicating both verbally and in writing with a team that is largely remote
Role Classification and Benefits
This role is remote, full-time, and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 42 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone subsidy.
The hiring salary range for this role is $90,000-$94,050 and will be commensurate with experience. We have a hiring salary range of $100,000-$104,500 for specific higher cost of labor locations, which include New York City, Washington DC, Boston, San Francisco/Oakland, Los Angeles, Seattle and their metro areas.
New Classrooms is a fully remote organization. All employees work from home, and occasionally travel for in-person get-togethers and off-sites.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.