The Customer Service Representative has the primary responsibility for providing customer service to customers and circulation carriers. Job includes both inbound and outbound telephone responsibilities. Must be available to work every weekend and possibly a few days during the week.
Susquehanna Printing is part of a long tradition of printing in Lancaster County, beginning in the mid-1860s. Our long-standing expertise in printing continues to this day, as Susquehanna Printing produces the daily LNP newspaper and four local weekly newspapers, plus tabloids, books, and periodicals for businesses throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Susquehanna Printing is part of Steinman Communications.
Susquehanna Printing has expanded its business to include state-of-the-art solutions for scheduling, layout, digital printing, inserting, binding, direct mail, and quality control.
Why Work for Us?
We know that employees are a business’s greatest asset and the primary driver of success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who are bright, curious, flexible, and energetic.
· 4 weeks PTO to start (pro-rated for first year)
· Paid holidays
· Competitive health care, prescription, dental, vision
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Parental leave program
· Wellness program
· Employee Referral Program
· Employee Assistance Program
Set work Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm and Saturday's and Sunday's 5:30am - 1pm.
Essential Job Functions:
· Work well with staff and supervisors
· PC computer operations and software products such as Newzware.
· Provide courteous and efficient service to all callers by answering phone promptly and courteously, and always conducting yourself in a professional, helpful, and caring manner in spite of circumstances
· Inbound and outbound telephone responsibilities
· Follow all Standards and Acceptance guidelines and memos
· Know and understand all rates pertinent to the products and programs you sell
· Maintain acceptable production and accuracy levels
· Serve the needs of carriers and news dealers so they can meet customer expectations
· May complete recurring reports, standard form letters and memos
· May assist Circulation District Managers or management with project needs
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible.
The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
Susquehanna Printing is conveniently located right off the Greenfield exit on Route 30, you have access to countless shops and restaurants within minutes and easy access to major cities in the Central PA area such as Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C.
What are we looking for?
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Previous customer service experience is preferred
· Ability to speak clearly and use proper grammar
· Basic keyboarding skills