Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time, Remote Staff Accountant to support management with the financial aspects of running the company.
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access IGS systems and therein use approved IGS provided communications systems. Regular travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend offsite meetings as requested.
The Staff Accountant will assist in the business’s financial operations, while working with accounting manager on various day to day accounting duties. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day corporate accounting functions. The ideal candidate is analytical, motivated, and eager to take on new challenges. Additionally, will be responsible for ensuring that actual business activities are in line with the organization’s plans by providing management with detailed and accurate information needed to produce financial statements. To maximize success in this role, ideal candidate must be able to satisfactorily perform the below requirements with the necessary knowledge, skill, and/or ability.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Assist in processing semi-monthly payroll timely and accurately, while complying with all applicable federal and state wage laws.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure payroll records are accurately updated.
- Assist with responses to state unemployment and withholding notifications.
- Update and review payroll and accounting software for new hires, new rates and project assignments.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of company payment obligations to vendors and tax authorities.
- Review A/P invoices and expense reports for accuracy and completeness, including proper documentation.
- Resolve purchase order and vendor invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain current and accurate vendor documentation for contracts and tax requirements.
- Reconciles bank and credit card accounts.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
- Prepare and analyze month-end journal entries and assist in cash forecast maintenance
- Analyze General Ledger accounts to confirm completeness and accuracy of data; use judgment as to whether account balances are correct; examine accounting documents to ascertain that transactions are properly supported.
- Assist in preparation of corporate tax filings and payments.
- Assist in various audits, such as worker’s compensation.
- Assist in project management reporting.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- 3-7 years accounting or finance experience with progressive responsibilities; a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance or 5 years of experience with Associates Degree in Business Administration.
- Proficiency with common business office tools including the Microsoft Office suite (intermediate to advance Excel), Unanet and paperless filing such as Google Docs or SharePoint.
- Strong attention to detail in the areas of records and documentation, business processes, customer satisfaction, and workload prioritization.
- Experience with Unanet Financials.
- 1-2 years of hands-on knowledge and experience in processing and managing payroll.
- Excellent customer service skills, in respect in dealing with employees, supervisors and outside contacts concerning accounting policies and procedures.
- Willingness and drive to learn new skills and processes to learn full cycle accounting function.
- Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Escalate issues and communicate challenges in a timely way to get work done.
- Communications: Strong listener. Customer focused with excellent internal and external facing written/verbal communication skills.
- Dependability: Ability to work in a remote environment, work independently, accept mentoring, deadline driven and contribute in a team environment.
- Must be located in the DC Metro area.
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Understanding of contract award values, contract performance periods, contract invoicing, and project reporting is highly desired.
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the U.S.) a plus
- Desire to continue to grow through continuing training
- Federal Government Services accounting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) a plus
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, an education assistance program, employee recognition program and spot bonuses, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.