Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through nearly two decades of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a rapidly growing Employee-Owned organization who takes pride in improving public health, quality of care, and research.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a key role in designing, building and maintaining interoperable solutions to exchange data between systems like EHRs, HIEs, public health agencies and other parties to accelerate public health data modernization activities.
A successful candidate will:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software applications, leveraging various languages and tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate requirements into innovative technical solutions
- Contribute to the design of scalable software infrastructure and architectures
- Conduct code reviews to ensure standards and enable knowledge sharing
- Identify and resolve software defects and performance issues
- Possess extensive experience with healthcare IT data systems, with the ability to leverage their understanding in order to help facilitate the exchange of data between organizations
- Develop new features and functionality that aligns with stakeholder needs and business goals
- Ensure use of version control and documentation for knowledge sharing
- Stay updated on latest technologies and best practices in software development
- Analyze complex challenges to derive effective solutions
- Embrace Agile methodologies including standups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Coach less experienced developers through collaborative debugging, code reviews, and knowledge sharing
- Skilled at setting priorities and managing your workload with minimal oversight
- Confident to work autonomously while also collaborating cross-functionally
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or related field
- At least 6 years' experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with health IT data systems and interoperability expertise relating to the exchange of data between systems
- Strong portfolio showcasing successful software development projects
- Proficiency with application development frameworks such as SpringBoot, .NET Core, Angular, TypeScript, Bootstrap.
- Understanding of software development principles, design patterns and best practices
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of version control systems like GitHub
- Problem-solving skills to debug complex technical issues
- Understanding of databases like MySQL and working with SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to learning new technologies/tools
- Prior experience with public health reporting integration
- Knowledge of standards and data exchange policies (e.g., USCDI/USCDI+; HL7 FHIR, health IT certification, etc.)
- Knowledge of data linkage and Master Patient Indexes, infrastructure/architecture (e.g., cloud-based solutions), and systems (e.g., surveillance, lab, immunization systems)
- Knowledge of Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (TEFCA)
- Experience supporting production launches and ongoing enhancements
- Ability to obtain PTL-5 clearance on project-dependent basis. Existing PTL-5 is desired.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual company meeting, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
- Titles are subject to change when aligned to internal structure.