Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through nearly two decades of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a rapidly growing Employee-Owned organization who takes pride in improving public health, quality of care, and research.
Primary purpose: Responsible for designing and implementing standards-based solutions to exchange data between systems including EHRs, HIEs, public health agencies and other parties to accelerate public health data modernization activities. Lead stakeholder requirements gathering and collaborate with technical, clinical, and public health experts to ensure that projects align with client expectations.
A successful candidate will:
- Exhibit methodical, organized analytical skills to evaluate data requirements and translate them into formal requirements
- Facilitate and lead requirements and design meetings with diverse stakeholders
- Identify and develop use cases to represent client needs
- Oversee solution design and implementation using existing APIs and other existing data exchange solutions from Electronic Health Record (EHR) vendors, public health systems and intermediaries
- Map client requirements to relevant CDA and FHIR artifacts published within implementation guides
- Create artifacts in XML and JSON conformant to XML/JSON schemas
- Survey existing standards’ value sets and identify the need for novel value set creation
- Contribute to the development of standards-based papers, presentations, blogs, and memos
- Support internal business development activities as a subject matter expert, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in health informatics, computer science, engineering, information technology, or related field
- 9 years’ relevant experience in Healthcare IT or related field
- Experience in implementation of health IT solutions
- Proficiency with HL7 standards including CDA and FHIR
- HL7 certification in CDA or FHIR
- Experience working with EHR Vendor APIs
- Proficient in the application of XML Schema, XSLT transforms, and Schematron knowledge
- Experience with XML editing tools (such as OxygenXML or XMLSpy)
- Experience working in a Health IT vendor setting (EHRs, Medical Devices, Healthcare Interface engines, etc.)
- Experience with STLTS
- Experience with Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (TEFCA)
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual company meeting, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
- Titles are subject to change when aligned to internal structure.