The Supply Chain Specialist executes all aspects of purchasing and receiving for production materials, monitoring production planning and scheduling, and delivery of finished goods from our contract manufacturers. This position will develop plans to meet the company’s short-term and long-term supply chain management and production requirements.
This position will play a key role in planning the supply chain for products experiencing high growth rates under tight deadlines.
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for executing all supply chain activity for the company, both on site and at external partners. Key responsibilities and duties include the following:
- Plan, schedule and manage manufacturing of finished goods through the Company’s contract manufacturers.
- Plan and execute all purchasing activities to support manufacturing, including commercial off-the-shelf supplies used by the Sales team.
- Lead Sales & Operations Planning and communicate demand and mix to contract manufacturing partners.
- Ensure production schedules are established based upon forecast and demand.
- Identify risks within the supply chain and support Engineering in mitigation efforts.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and controls for raw material inventory management and receiving components and finished goods.
- Utilize business systems to measure and analyze operating metrics.
- Establish and manage day-to-day vendor relationships to ensure on-time delivery of quality components and finished goods.
- Annual review and approval of SPR component suppliers and contract manufacturing partners in accordance with supplier monitoring procedures.
- Provide support to Engineering for component obsolescence, product change management and cut-in, product disposition, quality, cost, and new product introduction.
- Actively seek out cost improvements and support cost analysis to demonstrate business rationale and compliance impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of Supply Chain experience; preferably in an FDA/GMP regulated medical device manufacturing, outsourcing, procurement, and supply chain related role.
- Project management including planning, execution, and meeting time and budget constraints.
- Understanding of medical device files management and documentation requirements.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Ability and willingness to “get the job done”, allowing for flexible and extended hours, depending on project need.
- Remote or Small office environment, electrical and mechanical prototyping labs.
- Ability to effectively work in a “virtual environment” at home or at a centrally located office.
- Periodic travel, such as supplier visits, can usually be planned in advance.