POSITION: Associate Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal - Full Time
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
SUPERVISES: Operations Staff
LOCATION: Williamstown, MA
COMPENSATION: $1000-$1200 Weekly
HIRING TIMELINE: Applications to be accepted until filled with a priority application deadline of 3/4/2024. Application review and interviews to be conducted starting 3/4/2024 with an anticipated start date of 06/03/24 and end date of 8/17/24.
The Williamstown Theatre Festival, renowned for its commitment to artistic excellence, is seeking a skilled and passionate Associate Operations Manager to join our team for the 2024 Season. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is pivotal for the festival’s overall operations, managing the execution of various logistical and administrative duties. The position will begin remotely on a part-time basis starting April 15th.
Daily Operations and Execution:
- Collaborate closely with the Operations Manager to plan and execute logistical aspects of festival operations, including transportation, mail, accommodations, IT, first aid, and facilities management.
- Responsible for the setup and preparation of accommodations for artists, ensuring that their living spaces are fully equipped per union rules. This is inclusive of any cleanings, linen collection, or turnover tasks.
- Oversee the installation of any items that require attaching to any building’s infrastructure or approval from Williams College.
- Facilitate the load in and strike of seasonal offices on the Williams College campus.
- Coordinate the use of festival vehicles including maintenance, arranging any rental vehicles, staff reservations, operating vehicles, and tracking expenses of the fleet.
- Receive all deliveries and deliver or notify the appropriate departments. Work in conjunction with the Business Office to retrieve mail from the Festival’s PO box.
- Manage any first aid material needs, respirator fit tests, first aid stations. Coordinate first aid/CPR training sessions, and the purchasing of PPE.
- Collaborate with operations team and festival department heads to coordinate the operational needs of the festival throughout the summer.
- Address and resolve any operational issues that arise with the appropriate parties.
- Work closely with the Production Manager and other production department heads to assist with any production needs.
- Assist in the training and mentorship of operations team members and seasonal staff, fostering a culture of continuous learning and skill development.
- Embrace the Festival’s commitment to EDIA and Anti-Racism by actively participating in and encouraging behaviors among staff members that exemplify respect; interrupting microaggressions and other behaviors that hinder our EDIA and Anti-Racism efforts; engaging in the diversification of the workforce; demonstrating a degree of cultural competency that encourages healthy relationships with all company members.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to set work schedules for the operations team, ensuring adequate coverage throughout the summer.
- Assist in tracking departmental budgets, materials purchasing, and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure that safe working practices are maintained in any facilities used by the operations department staff, adhering to all festival safety protocols.
- Partake in season debrief meetings and create documentation of notes that will better serve the position and operations department next summer.
- Customarily and regularly direct the work of two or more other employees, and whose suggestions and recommendations as to the advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other employees are given particular weight.
- The Williamstown Theatre Festival does not require a specific number of years of experience or have a minimum for educational credentials.
- Proven experience in operations or a related field, preferably in a professional festival, events, or theatre setting.
- Previous experience in logistics, transportation coordination, or facilities management is a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and management skills, with a track record of working with diverse teams in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
- Must be able to work long shifts on feet.
- An essential function of this job is in-person work in Williamstown, MA.