POSITION: Production Electrician
CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal - Full Time
REPORTS TO: Lighting Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Lighting Staff
LOCATION: Williamstown, MA
COMPENSATION: $1000-$1300 Weekly
HIRING TIMELINE: Applications to be accepted until filled with a priority application deadline of 3/4/2024. Application review and interviews to be conducted starting 3/4/2024 with an anticipated start date of 06/03/24 and end date of 8/17/24.
The Williamstown Theatre Festival, renowned for its commitment to artistic excellence, is seeking a skilled and passionate Production Electrician to join our team for the 2024 Season. Reporting to the Lighting Supervisor, this role is integral within the production department, overseeing the execution of lighting designs for multiple productions. The position will begin remotely on a part-time basis starting April 15th.
- Oversee the installation and operation of lighting equipment during load-in, technical rehearsals, and performances.
- Develop plans for the load-in and strike of lighting equipment that ensures an efficient and timely process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to lighting as they arise. Perform any equipment maintenance as needed.
- Work with the Lighting Supervisor to ensure lighting design elements are in compliance with any applicable safety standards and protocols.
- Oversee the construction or sourcing of specialty lighting elements.
- Assist in the load-in and load-out of campus spaces, including offices and workspaces, equipment counting, and off-season storage.
- Collaborate with lighting designers and the lighting team to interpret and implement lighting designs for multiple productions.
- Address and resolve any schedule or labor issues with the rest of the production team.
- Work closely with the Lighting Supervisor and other production department heads to ensure seamless integration of lighting elements into the overall production design.
- Assist in the training and mentorship of lighting team members and seasonal staff, fostering a culture of continuous learning and skill development.
- Embrace the Festival’s commitment to EDIA and Anti-Racism by actively participating in and encouraging behaviors among staff members that exemplify respect; interrupting microaggressions and other behaviors that hinder our EDIA and Anti-Racism efforts; engaging in the diversification of the workforce; demonstrating a degree of cultural competency that encourages healthy relationships with all company members.
- Coordinate with the Lighting Supervisor to set work schedules for the lighting team, ensuring adequate coverage during load-ins, technical rehearsals, and performances.
- Assist in tracking lighting department budgets, materials purchasing, and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure that safe working practices are maintained in any facilities used by the lighting department staff, adhering to all festival safety protocols.
- Partake in season debrief meetings and create documentation of notes that will better serve the position and lighting department next summer.
- Customarily and regularly direct the work of two or more other employees, and whose suggestions and recommendations as to the advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other employees are given particular weight.
- The Williamstown Theatre Festival does not require a specific number of years of experience or have a minimum for educational credentials.
- Proven experience as a Production Electrician in a professional theatre setting, demonstrating expertise in lighting design execution for various theatrical productions.
- In-depth knowledge of lighting systems and equipment.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and management skills, with a track record of working with diverse teams in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic production environment, with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
- Must be able to work long shifts on feet.
- An essential function of this job involves in-person work in Williamstown, MA.