Lancaster Farming a prominent source of agricultural news and information, is seeking a dynamic and talented Digital Production Assistant to join our innovative team. As a Digital Production Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the creation of engaging and high-quality digital content across various platforms, with a focus on podcasts and web. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to the growth and success of our digital presence.
Why work with us?
We know that employees are a business’s greatest asset and the primary driver of success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who are bright, curious, flexible, and energetic, to ensure our progress for the next 225 years.
As a team member at Lancaster Farming, you’ll enjoy:
- 4 weeks PTO to start (pro-rated for first year)
- Paid Holidays
- Benefits: medical, prescription, dental, vision, short-term disability, basic life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental leave program
Lancaster Farming is the “Farmer’s Choice” since 1955, covering many agriculture industries, including dairy, beef, swine, sheep, goat, horse and specialty animal buyers and sellers. It is also the largest farm implement marketplace in the Northeast. Every Saturday, the newspaper delivers news, market and commodity reports, and agribusiness information to more than 60,000 paid subscribers in Pennsylvania and fifteen other states.
Free public parking available in Ephrata.
Digital Production Assistant Essential Job Functions
Digital Production, audio
- Assist in the production of digital content, with a primary focus on podcasts, and to a lesser degree: videos, social media, and interactive web features.
- Work with the digital team to ensure the timely and accurate publication of digital content on the Lancaster Farming website.
- Update and maintain the website's multimedia elements, ensuring a seamless and user-friendly experience for visitors.
- Implement SEO best practices to optimize digital content for search engines.
- Ensure proper archiving and documentation of multimedia content for easy retrieval and repurposing.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including editors, writers, and photographers and advertising team, to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach to content production.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, or a related field.
- Experience in podcast production, audio editing, and/or sound design.
- Knowledge of audio editing tools and podcast production software.
- Familiarity with video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro).
- Strong storytelling and creative content creation abilities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with web content management systems (CMS) and basic HTML/CSS.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of agriculture or rural topics is a plus.
For a full list of all positions available please visit our career page: www.steinmancommunications.com/careers