Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta. Through running and walking, Atlanta Track Club motivates, inspires and engages the community to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 40 events and programs per year. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club & the Atlanta Track Club Foundation also maintain a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting its Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through Atlanta Track Club’s All-Metro Banquets as well as developing an elite group of Olympic level athletes on their athletic journeys.
Are you a creative and social media-savvy content creator? Do you love to find and be a part of the latest TikTok and Instagram trends? If the answer to these questions is a resounding YES, Atlanta Track Club wants you to apply for the open position of Social Media & Content Intern. In this, year-long paid position you will have the opportunity to build content for Atlanta Track Club’s social media platforms with a focus on Instagram and TikTok. You will also manage the social media and web presence of Atlanta Track Club Elite with a focus on growing followers, awareness and excitement around the Club’s Olympic hopeful athletes in Atlanta and around the world.
Reporting to the Manager – Social Media and under the direction of the Director - Marketing, the Social Media and Content Intern will conceptualize and execute the creation of trend-setting content for Atlanta Track Club’s media platforms. The emphasis will be on TikTok and Instagram reels with photo, graphic and copy-based content also included. Besides serving as a creator to the Club’s primary social media pages, the intern will be responsible for creating content for Atlanta Track Club Elite social media channels. This includes athlete updates, behind-the-scenes videos and photos, personality showcases and race results. It may also include maintaining the Atlanta Track Club Elite website to ensure bios, results, calendars and news items are current.
- Co-management of existing Atlanta Track Club Elite social media accounts. This includes the development and creation of content, understanding and fulfillment of sponsor obligations and timely posting of upcoming competitions, results and news items.
- Management of Atlanta Track Club Elite website including updating of schedule and results, keeping bios current and updating news items.
- Coordination of bi-annual Atlanta Track Club Elite photoshoot.
- Development of new content for Atlanta Track Club’s primary social pages with a goal of driving engagement and adding news followers.
- Attendance at Atlanta Track Club events as requested as part of the event-day social media team.
- Attendance at select Atlanta Track Club Elite Team workouts and team gatherings to gather and curate content.
- Attendance at major track and field competitions and road races as requested.
- Schedule includes some evenings and weekends, 20+ hours per week.
- Attendance at the Club’s annual Wingfoot Running Camp in Birmingham, Alabama in July
- In a college degree program in communications, marketing, journalism, sports management, public relations or related field of study preferred.
- Understanding of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram, Threads and TikTok and the content that best fits the audience of those platforms.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro or After Effects.
- Intermediate-level photography and videography skills.
- Understanding of brand, brand awareness and brand guidelines.
- Ability to work creatively within set guidelines.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detailed.
- Must be able to multitask
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and extended weekday hours as needed
Duration: Year commitment with a two year option