Primary Objectives of the Position:
Efficiently and accurately install Grain Handling Systems according to site plans and mechanical requirements.
Work with interdepartmental maintenance and coordinate repairs with respective department managers.
Setup and repair Grain Legs, Augers and Air System
Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Work with concrete crews, grain bin erection crews and grain handling equipment installation crews.
- Assists in general maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Sets up farm machinery and fertilizer equipment
- Enforces company safety program.
- Follows company safety programs and wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Maintains required logs, daily truck inspection and other required documentation.
- Attends appropriate training sessions as part of programs of continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanical aptitude necessary
- Previous supervisory experience desirable
- Ag background a plus
- Good people skills necessary
- Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying and pushing weights up to 100 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands.
- Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
- Be able to drive vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license with tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
- Must attend all training sessions required by law.
- Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company.