Primary Objectives of the Position:
Accurately mixes crop protection products according to manufacturer’s requirements.
Delivers crop protection products and crop inputs to custom applicators.
Delivers NH3 tanks to patrons.
Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for accurately mixing Crop protection products in accordance with manufacturers requirements.
- Delivers Crop inputs and crop protection products to custom applicators.
- Responsible for the maintenance of delivery equipment.
- Responsible for proper calibration of meters to assure accurate mixing results.
- Follows company safety programs and wears personal protection equipment as required.
- Maintains required logs, daily truck inspection and other required documentation.
- Attends appropriate training sessions as part of programs of continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate required
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Previous driving experience required
- Mechanical ability helpful
- Ag background a plus
- Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying and pushing weights up to 100 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands.
- Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
- Be able to drive vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license with tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
- Must be able to work 7 days/week and be available on an on-call basis during peak Agronomy season
- Must attend all training sessions required by law.
- Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company.