Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking an Oracle Database Administrator with the following skills in the Ft. Meade, MD area. The position requires a candidate be a US citizen and to have an active Secret clearance.
- Monitor the Oracle database infrastructure for alerts and anomalies suggesting a less-than-optimal operation of the services.
- Provide administration support for Oracle Middleware components including WebLogic application Server. Integrate WebLogic with existing monitoring infrastructure, and utilize all diagnostic features.
- Research, develop and implement Oracle quarterly patching for the environment in a timely fashion, as determined by Enterprise Services Leadership.
- Tests programs or databases, correct errors, and makes necessary modifications/refinements.
- Provides tier III support for DISA and other DoD environments and additional tier III support to federal civilian agencies through the National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database.
- Sets user privileges within the database environment and specifies user access level for each segment of one of more data items.
- Monitors and optimizes system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, and other methods.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains a database system.
- Evaluates and analyzes database systems for enhancements.
- Enters codes to create production database.
- Works as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Supports planning, implementation, and configuration of database software while ensuring database security regulations, policies and best practices are followed.
- May serve as task lead or primary contact.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or a combination of equivalent experience and training. Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- DoD IAT-II certification required: CISSP or Sec+ CE, etc.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- This role will require on-site presence at Ft. Meade, MD.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/