We will only consider candidates that are physically located in the following States (no exceptions)
CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI
We do not sponsor work visas/OPTs/CPTs/Perm. Res. etc.
WHO WE ARE (Why you will LOVE us)
Academic Programs International (API) encourages students of all ages to embark on a lifelong experiential educational journey that enriches lives, communities and organizations and helps every student, college and company to achieve their goals.
Through the creation of APIConnect, an experiential education technology platform, the company helps colleges, universities and students create and discover learning experiences customized to meet their needs. APIConnect offers a vast library of destinations, accredited courses, internships, and original programming geared toward maximizing students’ college experiences so they are better prepared for the workforce upon graduation.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, US, API sends thousands of students on hundreds of programs both virtually and in more than 60 cities in nearly 25 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, and the Middle East.
If you are someone who thinks differently, is passionate about serving students, and wants to be a part of a fun and hard-working culture, then this is the company for you.
What you will be doing
API is growing! We are looking to hire an experienced Sr Fullstack Software Engineer who will play a key role within the company, working on the development of our API Connect platform. Join our mission-driven, growth-oriented company and collaborate among our talented, innovative, and accomplished team of professionals seeking to evolve international and experiential education!
How you will get the job done
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, test, and maintain solutions for scale and sustainability.
- Developing components to improve responsiveness and overall performance.
- Be part of the making of technical decisions that will have a direct impact on how our platform grows and evolves.
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications.
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and fix bugs, ensuring issues are logged, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Product teams sharing your insights from experience and proposing innovative solutions that address platform gaps and enhance our offerings.
- Analyze different implementation paths, evaluate the tradeoffs, and recommend the best solution.
- Comprehensively document decisions, outlining the pros and cons of each choice to convey a team-wide understanding of tradeoffs and ensure both Engineering and Product teams are synchronized.
- Offer mentorship, code reviews, and clear documentation for fellow engineers.
- Advocate for techniques and technologies that can improve our technology stack.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
What experience you should have
- Understanding and experience with Docker.
- Strong data management and problem-solving skills; ability to troubleshoot and exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements and think strategically about how to implement effectively and efficiently.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive projects to completion, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
KEY EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer or similar position.
- Work experience with Python or equivalent knowledge in Java, NodeJS, C#, PHP.
- Work experience with front-end technologies REACT, Angular, VUE, or similar.
- Highly proficient in SQL data modeling and querying, along with knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM) principles.
- Skilled in HTTP API design, with strong understanding of REST conventions.
- Experience reading API documentation and breaking down mobile interactions with APIs.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field or relevant work experience is required.
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment is preferred.
- Customer Focus | Problem-Solving | Communication | Team Approach