We are in search of a self-starting, ambitious person to join our Equipment Service team in Vandalia. The Equipment Service position is a fast-paced role that ensures safe, quality equipment is provided for our customers with each rental. This is the role that builds the foundation for all other positions at Vandalia Rental. As a bonus, you get to operate all of the equipment on a daily basis!
“Knowledge is Power”. Sir Francis Bacon knew it in 1597. Thomas Jefferson knew it in 1817. And we know it today. If your desire is to learn to be an expert with more than 750 different types of construction equipment and launch your career with a fast growing company in the ever exciting Equipment Rental Industry, look no farther.
What you want to know:
- Pay is $45,000 - $50,000+ annually based on hours worked
- Monthly bonus when earned
- 401(k) after 30 days with a generous $1 for $1 match, up to 6% of your pay and no vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurances after 30 days
- Tuition assistance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Charitable contributions to your favorite non-profits
- Branch and company events throughout the year
- Growth opportunities and be part of an incredible team
What you will do:
- Demonstrate equipment with customers and assist with loading/unloading
- Manage the equipment yard layout for safety and efficiency
- Quality Control - ensure equipment is safe, clean and operational for each customer
- Evaluate equipment returned for fuel, hours and general condition
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and work with mechanics for other repairs
- Maintain a “Customer First” attitude and provide excellent service
- Build the foundation for the rest of your career with Vandalia Rental
- Read, Understand Rental Contracts
This opportunity will arm you with the skill and knowledge you need to grow with our company!
- Minimum high school diploma, college degree is a plus
- Driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Eye for detail and quality conscious approach
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. with assistance
- Must be able to stand for long periods or entire shift
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Must be able to be exposed to dirt, grease, oils, loud noise and other elements common with construction and industrial workplaces
- Must be able to start equipment and cannot have a fear of heights (we have 180’ boom lifts)
- Equipment knowledge and rental experience preferred, but not necessary
- Position is outdoors primarily and will be exposed to all weather elements
This is not meant to be all inclusive, but rather provide the framework for the role. Other duties, not listed, may be required.
"Vandalia Rental is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."