Job Summary: Under limited supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards and end user requirements. Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Documents all problems and works to resolve them; reports progress on problem resolution to management. Devises improvements to current procedures and recommends quality improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of Quality Methodology and process creation in an IT environment.
- Ability to develop Test Cases and Test Scripts for the large software modules.
- Experience and understanding of software code. Can work with development team members to diagnose issues.
- Knowledgeable with SQL Enterprise Manager and T-SQL.
- Ability to write intermediate SQL queries including joins and unions.
- Experience with backend database testing.
- Assess functionality and be a knowledgeable resource of several Software applications for the team.
- Test all software releases from development department.
- Ability to test multiple software projects concurrently.
- Document and track all software defects.
- Evaluation and assignment of all trouble tickets to development team members.
- Review and assist in the creation of software documentation in conjunction with the technical writer.
- Depending on project size, may be required to be on multiple Team/Projects.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Conduct to reflect professional attitude and actions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which are used with team members and clients in the form of formal training, mentoring, and presentations.
- Utilization of Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager.
- Ability to read stored procedures.
- Work with developers and DBAs on test projects.
- Utilization of defect tracking tools (BugTracker, DevTrack, Quality Center, etc).
- Ability to read and test software specifications.
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus.
- Knowledge of Source Control Applications and Software Configuration Management promotion processes a plus.
- Experience testing Web Services a plus.
- Experience with mobile applications a plus.
- Experience with interface testing a plus.
- Experience with DTS testing a plus.
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate’s degree
- 5 years of Software testing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate SQL Knowledge
- Testing methodologies and theory
- Microsoft SQL Server
- TSQL knowledge
- Windows Operating Systems knowledge
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Internet Technologies
- Development defect tracking tools
- Software life cycle knowledge
- Web-based applications
- Labor Market Information & National Employment Systems