Are you searching for an exciting opportunity that doesn’t require prior experience? We welcome individuals who are willing to learn, self-starters, reliable, and excellent team players. New employees without experience average an annual take home pay between $40,000 - $45,000 between hourly wage and monthly bonuses. Join our team today and kick-start your career!
The duties of a Customer Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department. Providing customer service regarding collection issues, processing customer payments, assisting in repossession proceedings, completing modifications/restructures and keeping records of collection status accounts. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts. Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts. Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department. Enlist the efforts of the collections manager when necessary to accelerate the collection process and communicate regarding delinquent customer accounts on a timely basis. Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers. Communicate with the sales team if necessary.
Reports To: Supervisor, Collections
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Delinquent Account Management
- Verifies and collects past due accounts from reports generated
- Locates and notifies customers of delinquent accounts, via mail, email, telephone or fax
- Reconciles customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Sends accurate time sensitive letters via email, mail or fax to customers who are in default
- Records accurately all information gathered from communication with internal and external customers
- Delivers timely, accurate information to customers while being considerate to their needs.
- Provides clear and accurate information between internal and external customers
- Compiles and delivers weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Effectively uses AmurEF lease software programs; ASPIRE/LP along with MS Word and Excel
- Contributes to the overall defined department goals and activity metrics assigned by the department Manager
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Prefer 3 to 5 years’ experience in commercial collections and/or customer service
- Effective business communication, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional PC skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite as well as customer applications and systems
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
Capable of supporting our Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, phones, and copy machine with scanner, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to talk or hear; may be
necessary to stand, walk, handle, or reach with hands or arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however,
some filing is required, calling for the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool
as necessary. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally
required to pack and move files or boxes as well as lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust
focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position may have access to confidential information. Background check is required for this position.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of Amur Equipment Finance are Monday through Friday, 8:00
a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexibility to occasionally stay late to meet business needs.
Travel is not required for this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.