Hours: Part-time (15 hours/week, some evenings and weekends required)
Supervised by: Director for Liturgy and Spirituality
Location: Pastoral Center, Diocese of San Diego
Travel: Workshop/Conference and Diocesan Liturgy venues within the diocese as needed
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay: $20.00/hr. - $23.89/hr.
Please include a cover letter with your application to demonstrate why you want to serve the Diocese in this role.
- Collaborate on Catholic liturgy planning and liturgical music selection
- Format orders of service for diocesan liturgies
- Perform clerical/secretarial duties for supervisor and staff
- Attend staff and planning meetings when appropriate
- Answer telephones and direct calls appropriately
- Respond to inquiries regarding workshops and conferences.
- Order and purchase supplies, books and materials
- Schedule Pastoral Center rooms for meetings and events as needed
- Data entry- update parish contact lists and certifications for liturgical ministers
- Prepare workshop promotions via email and flocknotes
- Prepare workshop materials, process registrations, prepare certificates, and maintain contact list
- Provide setup and hospitality for workshops and conferences
- Assist with liturgical supply, care, and maintenance
- Transport, set up, and breakdown for diocesan liturgies (occasional lifting required)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Pastoral with excellent people skills
- Team player
- Must be proactive; professional; well organized; attentive to details; able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; able to set priorities and meet deadlines; possess a strong work ethic; punctual
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving— ability to gather and analyze information and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Take initiative and work with a sense of urgency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Ability to read music
- Knowledge and familiarity with the organizational structure and practices of the Roman Catholic Church
- Practicing Catholic
- Catholic liturgy preparation experience preferred
- Ability to provide piano and organ accompaniment preferred
- Bi-lingual & Bi-literal (English/Spanish) desired
- Three years’ experience as administrative assistant and office procedures desired
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to remain in an office at a computer workstation and access information from a computer and use a phone system. The employee is required to be mobile to, from, and within the office, as well as maneuver throughout the facility to attend liturgies, meetings, briefings, and other work-related events. The employee may be required to conduct trips to, from, and within various city and county-wide locations to attend liturgies, meetings or events. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Catholic Diocese of San Diego is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.