Private Client Advisors serve as the primary relationship managers for roughly 60 private foundations and their board members, staff, financial advisors, and other trusted counselors in engaging Foundation Source’s full suite of resources to deliver superior, ongoing private foundation support and services.
Client Relations (40%)
- Manage a portfolio of private foundation client relationships by responding to client emails and phone calls with speed and accuracy and proactively reaching out to clients with relevant industry or company information.
- Meet or exceed department performance indicators relating to client retention (i.e., 97% retention within the team); seek opportunities to build client (and employee) loyalty to the company
- Responsible for maximizing potential for referrals through client and advisor relationship management
- Provide support to sales staff as needed (e.g., participation in prospect calls and meetings)
Client Coordination (30%)
- Oversee administrative operations for foundation clients to ensure compliance with tax and state filings, mandated distribution requirements and grant and expense processing by coordinating Foundation Source’s various departments and resources.
Onboarding and Development (20%)
- Implement new Foundation Source clients by customizing and introducing the FSOL platform and then serving as an ongoing resource for private foundation regulations and recognizing opportunities for incorporating additional services (i.e. Applications/Outcomes/PD Engagements).
Continuous Improvement (10%)
- Maintain confident knowledge of FS systems and processes, compliance, and general philanthropy issues by attending various trainings and info sessions and be able to effectively articulate this information to clients as needed and appropriate.
- Seek ways to improve our product and services, while simultaneously identifying ways to maximize efficiencies without compromising service quality
- Provide feedback to IT regarding common problems and/or opportunities for product improvement and enhancement
- Participate in QA testing for new software releases and enhancements, as needed
- 1-2 years’ experience in delivering relationship management, administrative support and exceptional customer service at a private foundation, financial services firm, or family office or will demonstrate similar relevant experience
- Clear and effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong client-service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize new technology
- Heightened, yet balanced, attention to accuracy
- Strong analytical skills to review and understand client issues and determine efficient resolutions
- Solutions-oriented and ability to present one’s self as a reliable knowledgeable authority
- Ability to display grace under pressure and positivity in a high-volume environment
- An action-oriented approach to work
- Highest level of integrity, including respect for and adherence to client and corporate confidentiality
- Demonstrated track record of successful employment in a professional office environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent job experience required
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas so others can understand
- The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.