Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Customer Operations Representative I.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families, and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The Customer Operations Representative I serve remotely and onsite in limited situations, as the first point of contact for primarily tier 1 calls from the public, Carriers, Brokers, and Assisters. This role is responsible for assisting callers with Marketplace health insurance platform and system-related questions and providing Enrollment Center call support for Brokers and Assisters.
Most successful, effective Customer Operations Representatives are passionate about providing excellent customer service with empathy while resolving the member’s questions on the first call. The Representative I consistently strive to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and maintain high customer satisfaction.
The Customer Operations Representative I has primary responsibility for the following:
- Services both inbound and outbound calls, researching, processing, and resolving customer questions regarding access, affordability, and choices for Marketplace health insurance.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful, and professional always; ensures understanding of customer requests and follows through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member inquiries, or concerns.
- Complies with all HCPF Reporting Responsibilities (RMTS).
- Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering, and troubleshooting.
- Utilizes resource materials, policies and procedures, handouts, databases, and training opportunities to ensure accuracy and quality of all aspects of customer service interactions.
- Achieves Customer Operations expectations specific to After Call and Hold Times and call quality and other defined individual and departmental metrics.
- Documents and maintains systematic records of calls and customer interactions by entering notes in a clear, accurate, and concise manner for effective interpretation by others who access as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with others as prescribed to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and timely.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the established C4HCO dress code when applicable.
- Adheres to all Company time, attendance, and punctuality policies or applicable law covering the same. Records all accurate work hours in the Company’s designated timekeeping system and adheres to overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or change in schedule.
- Maintains confidentiality, information security, and ethical behavior when managing all Company and member records information.
- Attends and participates in required educational training sessions and team meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Colorado resident.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years prior, work-related experience in an automated Customer Service Center environment; or a combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving, and analytical skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Basic technical troubleshooting knowledge and ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required, including Phone system, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of customer care processes, techniques, and call protocol, both inbound and outbound.
- Must be willing to submit and successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Remote, offsite work must have the following internet connectivity:
- Ethernet connection required (No WiFI). 50-foot cable will be provided.
- Mobile hotspots, MiFi, and 4G/5G connections will not be supported.
- Home requirements for remote assignments (These minimum requirements assume a single-member household. If there are multiple users using the internet for activities like streaming and gaming, download/upload speed requirements may increase accordingly.
-Download: 1.5 Mbps
-Upload 1.5 Mbps
-Latency under 150 ms
-Jitter under 30 ms
-Connections can be tested at https://speed.cloudflare.com or using the Speedtest.net mobile app
- Workspace must be separate from living space with a locking door (example: spare bedroom, study, basement)
- No distractions or background noise (this includes children, other adults, dogs, cats, birds, doorbells, music, tv, etc.)
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Employees are offered a robust benefits package and may elect from various offerings to tailor a package best suited to their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance. The Salary Range for this position is $35,800 - $41,200.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.
NOTE: Connect for Health Colorado accepts applications on an ongoing basis until a qualified candidate is selected.