School Name: Holy Trinity School
Location: 509 Ballard St., El Cajon, CA 92019
Employment Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Description: $70K-$75K, Negotiated based upon experience
Start Date: July 1st, 2024
The Diocese of San Diego is seeking a qualified, experienced, and transformational educational leader who is deeply committed to furthering the development of the faith life and academic excellence. Holy Trinity School is a single-classroom preschool through 8th-grade parish school located in El Cajon, California.
Holy Trinity School is a joyful, welcoming, caring, active community of believers supporting families in educating children in academics and Catholic values to meet the challenges of our world. Holy Trinity School provides a loving, Catholic community in which all students grow in love for the Lord, and develop academically, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We teach respect for all and promote service to those in need, as students live out their faith daily. We are committed to the teachings of Jesus Christ, our model and inspiration.
The principal has, as delegate of the Pastor and the Diocese, immediate responsibility for implementing the philosophy and vision of the school in its regular operation. A school principal has the responsibility to:
- Implement the Mission, Vision and philosophy of the school in its regular operations
- Administer the total school program
- Supervise and evaluate: a) Professional personnel; b) Auxiliary support staff; c) Students
- Provide instructional leadership in accordance with the Office for School's Academic Excellence initiatives.
- Monitor the financial operations of the school (in conjunction with the school business manager and bookkeeper) and report to the Pastor, Office for Schools, and/or Parish Finance Council, and Diocesan Finance Office
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic with a strong understanding of the Catholic faith
- Be a leader/facilitator of the school faith community
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to the development of his/her own faith and that of the parents, teachers and students
- Demonstrate an understanding and dedication to the ministry of Catholic education
- Have a minimum of three years successful administrative experience in Catholic Schools
- Have a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration and/or California Administrative Credential or a Master’s Degree in the area of Education and a Catholic Leadership Certificate.
- Have the ability to verbalize and clarify the philosophy and vision of Catholic School Education based upon church documents relevant to Catholic education
- Demonstrate leadership ability in past or present educational experiences
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to remain in an office at a computer workstation and access information from a computer and use a telephone. The employee is required to be mobile to, from, and within the school, as well as maneuver throughout the parish/school facility to attend meetings, briefings, and other work-related events. The employee may be required to conduct trips to, from, and within various city and county-wide locations to attend meetings or events. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Catholic Diocese of San Diego is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Deadline for Resume/Letter of Interest:
Friday, March 8, 2024, or until the position is filled.