As part of a highly motivated and passionate global IT Team the IT Infrastructure Architect is responsible for all services categorized within infrastructure service domains providing support, end user training, and coordinating the implementation of these services. An important function of this role is collaboration with business areas to gather and document new requirements while providing recommendations and suggestions for new solutions based on best practices.
This role assists in coordinating the development the team’s objectives, availability and capacity, has a focus on leadership and is responsible for the interchange of information between the Infrastructure Team and IT Management.
This role is also responsible for providing support to maintain the network infrastructure, platform operating systems, and ensuring IT Infrastructure performance meets company and IT customer requirements. The infrastructure Services Architect is responsible for administrating services specified as their primary responsibility.
• Team Leadership
• IT Project Management and Change Control
• Infrastructure Services
• Second Level Support for Infrastructure Services
• Participate in projects as needed
• Work cooperatively and effectively with other employees and colleagues.
• Adhere to ITSM processes
• Represent Schluter Systems in a positive, professional and enthusiastic manner in all matters
• 4-year degree in Information Technology or related field
• 2+ years’ experience as a Network Architect OR 4+ years’ experience as a Network Administrator
• Experience Administrating Cisco phone system and related components like Contact Center, Voicemail (Unity), Call Manager
• Extensive Computer and network knowledge and experience including:
o LAN, WAN, and WLAN
o Network Security Systems (ex. Firewalls, Routers)
• Team Leadership experience
• Experience designing and implementing network infrastructure
• Extensive knowledge and experience in configuring and administrating MS Windows Servers, Active Directory, Mail and SQL Servers
• Experience with Cisco network equipment including routers, firewalls, network switches, Wireless LAN Controllers, etc.
• Knowledge of routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
• Knowledge VLANs and Spanning Tree
• Experience with VMware technologies
• Knowledge of Storage Hardware technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative
• Team leadership experience preferred
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work within project methodologies a plus
• Ability to adhere to defined processes and procedures and suggest improvements
• Basic ITIL Certification a plus
• Adhere to company policies and protocols
• After hours support and maintenance as necessary
• Travel as necessary
• Project support as necessary