Upson Company is looking for several qualified candidates to fill the role of Commercial Sheet Metal Installer. The experienced candidate will be provided Manufacturer's certifications and training by Upson Company. The candidate will report directly to acting lead man and foreman of project site. Commercial Sheet Metal Installer - Experience Necessary
Will be working on all forms of Commercial Roofing, focusing on sheet Metal Fabrication and Installation.
- Sign up for the apprentice program within 60 days of employment
- Attend the apprentice classes for area of expertise
- Attend and pass the OSHA 10-hour course and other required certifications
- Maintain high level of quality install correctly according to Upson Company and SMACNA standards
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to pass pre-hire physical and pre-hire drug screen
- Valid Driver’s License with no restriction, Reliable Transportation
- Willingness to be trained each week in the trade of commercial roofing by foreman and journeyman
- First 90-day compensation evaluation by production manager
- Sheet Metal Hand Tools Required
- Minimum 1 years’ experience installing Sheet Metal for Commercial roofing
- Must be Self Motivated and able to work without supervision
- Willing to work out of town a plus
- Willing to work overtime
- ACM Panels and other types of Exterior cladding
- Soffit’s and Fascia’s
- Gutter and Downspouts
- Copper Detail and Soldering
- All types of standing seam panel systems
- MBCI, AEP, Breyer, Berridge, Firestone, UNA CLAD, in addition to many other Metal Mfgs., and all Manufacturer Warranty Details
- Single Ply Copings
- Layout and Fabrication experience a positive
- Understanding Shop Drawings and Plans
- 100% paid by employer group health coverage, Long Term & Short-Term Disability after 60 days.
- Group dental coverage and vision coverage available after 60 days.
- Spouse and family members may be added to health coverage and employer will pay 25% of the premium.
- 401(k) and profit sharing
Opportunity to advance, $22-$35. Per hour (DOE). Additional benefits for Foreman Package.