This position is responsible for maximizing philanthropic support from donors who live in the greater Dallas, East Texas and North Louisiana area, a region which extends from Dallas to North Louisiana. This position reports to the Director of Development located in Dallas. This position does not supervise anyone at this time.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maximizes philanthropic support from individual major donors, churches and corporate donors in support of the agency’s annual operating needs.
• Records all actions in database system.
• Seeks outright and planned gifts for approved capital maintenance projects, capital campaigns, endowments, and in-kind campaigns.
• Maximizes gifts by effectively cultivating and soliciting gifts in person from churches, church related groups, and service organizations through effective cultivation and solicitation
• Effectively hosts an annual fundraising luncheon.
• Effectively recruits and trains “Ambassadors,” volunteers who serve as PCHAS representatives in their home churches and service organizations.
• Meets or exceeds annual fundraising goals for one’s assigned region. Monitors progress towards stated goals using the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual gift reports prepared by central staff in Austin.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Development activities are carried out in a variety of settings. Some functions are performed in a home office or PCHAS office environment while others occur in a donor’s home or place of business. Travel is required to meet with the position’s direct supervisor (Director of Development), the Senior Vice President of Development, to attend development staff planning retreats and to meet with donors and church related partners.
• A college degree in management, marketing, or a field compatible with the general skills required to accomplish the tasks of the position is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated 1-3 years of work experience and documented success in the areas of major gifts, planned gifts, and special events is strongly preferred.
• Certification as a professional fund-raiser is desirable, but not required.
• Current knowledge of or excellent aptitude for learning and implementing major gift strategies.
• Flexibility in interpersonal style in order to accommodate working with various constituencies.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.