Greenville University seeks a talented and experienced content developer to research, cultivate, produce and distribute a wide range of communications that have a positive impact on the University’s brand and its various marketing objectives.
- Responsible for the development and editing of content for the College’s website, various digital initiatives, print and PR communications.
- Understands the intended audience for each communication and tailors the message to effectively address that audience.
- Ensures the content effectively communicates the University’s brand position.
- Collaborates with internal clients to determine the appropriate messaging
- Works with other marketing personnel or freelancers to design and produce the communication pieces.
- May provide work guidance and oversight of interns and external freelancers.
- Assist in the management and execution of marketing projects submitted through Freshdesk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing, proofing, punctuation and grammar.
- Able to write in a variety of styles and a demonstrated fluency across media vehicles including web/digital, print collateral and other marketing communications.
- Effectively communicate to a wide range of target audiences, including those of the Christian faith.
- Effective researcher and comfortable locating online sources, using third-party tools and conducting direct interviews in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Outstanding listening skills and the ability to identify and extract key message points.
- Ability to think creatively and synthesize disparate pieces of information in a cohesive and meaningful message.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word.
- Well-organized and a proficient multi-tasker with excellent project management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or a related field; equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3- 5 years’ professional work experience is required, preferably as a copywriter, content developer, editor or similar communications position with published work across different mediums.
- Demonstrated experience interviewing, writing and editing for a mission-driven organization. Experience working in higher education environment preferred.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.