Greenville University is seeking to fill a full-time tenure-track professor with expertise in Sport and/or Kinesiology. The successful candidate will teach courses and develop curriculum in the Sport & Kinesiology department housed within the School of Professional Studies. Preferred requirements are a Ph.D. in Exercise Science, Sport Management, Physical Education or a closely related discipline combined with a passion for teaching at the undergraduate level. Rank and salary are dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Graduate degree in Exercise Science, Sport Management, Physical Education or closely related discipline; an earned doctorate preferred.
- Passion for Christ-centered higher education and dedicated to the integration of faith and learning in their field. Deep commitment to student success.
- Three or more years of successful teaching experience in a college or university is preferred, with a proven track record of student learning and engagement through previous classroom evaluations by students, faculty, and administration.
- Superior oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in appropriate Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to use appropriate software/technology (D2L/Brightspace) in the learning environment.
- A commitment to learning new ideas for classroom presentations and dynamic class interactions to engage student learning in a meaningful way consistent with the University's mission and values.
- Contribute to GU’s mission: Christ-centered liberal arts higher education transforming students for lives of character and service. Faculty contribute to the University's mission beyond the classroom through activities such as committee/task force/team work, community development, or similar activities internally and externally, which enhance and advance exemplary academics, personal spiritual growth, and engagement with the world.
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses in accord with all standard policies and procedures using a variety of best-practice teaching and learning strategies, including classroom and online technology, to enhance instruction.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate course curriculum, teaching-learning practices, and assess student learning outcomes.
- Engage students; maintain established office hours and be available to individual students for questions, coursework, consultations, and informal mentoring.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and ongoing experience in their field. Faculty members are also expected to engage in professional organization activities and scholarly work including, but not limited to, publications and presentations.
- Provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of GU in support of the University Strategic Priorities as well as contribute effectively to the University community, external partners, and general audiences. Strong participation in faculty, committee, or other meetings is an integral part of this position.
- Add to the development of a Christ-centered community of learners and scholars. Continue to grow in personal commitment to and effectiveness in the integration of Christian faith and learning and provide effective servant leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Participate in extracurricular activities to support and encourage students, colleagues, and staff.
- Assist the dean with other duties as assigned.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.