Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Scientist/ Lead Analytical Chemist located in Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA.
Inscripta is searching for a highly talented Staff Scientist/Lead Analytical Chemist to bring technical leadership and analytical chemistry expertise to a team building high-throughput, automated, genome engineering technologies. The ideal candidate will help drive new product development through leadership and innovation in analytical methodologies for chemistry and biomaterials development, genomic and transcriptomic characterization assay development, product and process performance testing and optimization, and hardware/consumable characterization.
- Serve as a leader in the innovation and development of analytical methodologies to enable new genome engineering product and processes development.
- Evaluate and apply new characterization tools and quantitative assays using a variety of spectroscopic and/or analytical methods for biological, chemical and physical characterization of reagents and hardware consumables.
- Work closely with hardware and system integration engineers to develop measurement methodologies and controls to assess performance of automated instrumentation and consumables.
- Teach and establish a culture of strong experimental design practices, including sound measurement and control practices.
- Manage external development partners and contact manufacturers; Interface with third party analytical labs to plan experiments and analyze results.
- Perform Gauge R&R, verification, validation & transfer of measurement processes from R&D to manufacturing.
- Work collaboratively with biochemists, cell and molecular biologists, enzymologists, engineers (hardware and software), and bioinformaticians to design and develop assays for biological characterization (cells, proteins, nucleic acids).
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
- PhD in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Biophysics, or a closely related field.
- Must have at least 6 years of work experience beyond PhD preferably in a non-academic setting.
- Hands-on experience designing and developing analytical methods for characterization of biological systems and biomaterials, preferably in the fields of genomics, life sciences and/or molecular diagnostics
- Biophysics research into the behavior and interaction of DNA, proteins and/or other biological systems.
- Experience applying chromatographic techniques such as GC-MS, fluorescence microscopy, and/or other spectroscopic methods.
- Experience identifying and implementing appropriate methods for performance measurements and/or characterization of integrated bioinstrumentation and reagent systems.
- Experience in at least one programming or scripting language such as R, Python, Matlab.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome technical challenges in a dynamic environment within an interdisciplinary team setting.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This role can work out of either our Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA location, but Pleasanton workers will require some travel to Boulder, CO.