Star Roses and Plants is a breeder, introducer and grower of new plant genetics, with corporate offices located in West Grove, PA is seeking territory manager for Texas/Louisiana. Over our 110 year history Star Roses and Plants has introduced numerous breakthrough products including: The Knockout family of Roses, Drift ground cover roses, Bushel and Berry, as well as many unique woody ornamental and perennial introductions.
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close, in assigned territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with the DOS, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, including selling to licensees.
- Meets or exceeds sales targets, while demonstrating a solid customer focus.
- Develops strong product knowledge in order to sell the company’s products, including roses, perennials, woodies, edibles and brokered lines.
- Develops strong customer knowledge in order to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients regarding the various solutions the company can offer to address their business issues.
- Acts as liaison/consultant/technical support for growers and licensees in support of the company’s IP.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems.
- Provides ideas and creative solutions to the company’s management group to increase sales.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face-to-face cold calling on business owners, email and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of the company’s marketing plans.
- Represents the company at all assigned trade shows and customer open houses and manages all regional trade shows.
- Credits - Handles customer problems in a timely manner. Also processes credits in a timely manner when a credit is warranted.
- Collections - When requested by the credit manager, will assist in collection of overdue monies for outstanding invoices.
- Production plans- When requested by product managers, assists with future production plans by having a complete knowledge of the territory in relation to customer inventories, direction of competition, and any other pertinent information needed.
- Computer skills sufficient to effectively utilize our industry leading sales portal.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree, plus 5-7 years of experience or equivalent
Normal office environment
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 20 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines, such as computers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
50- 75% - National, regional, and local travel to trade shows, industry events, company-sponsored events, meetings customers, licensees, brokers and growers.