The Special Education Coordinator, under the supervision of the school leader, is responsible for ensuring the academic success of students in special education by providing leadership that ensures services and supports according to the applicable laws and the mission of FirstLine Schools.
Driver of compliance
• Ensures compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations, including developing, updating, and ensuring compliance with Special Education policies and procedures that comply with laws
• Maintains special education files that include documentation of collaboration and involvement from students, teachers, parents, outside agencies, and pupil appraisal team members, as needed
• Develops and maintains a calendar of deadlines, including Federal, State, and network, to ensure that all meetings and reports are completed according to rules and regulations. This includes, although is not limited to, the following: data maintenance in SER, annual reviews, triennial re-evaluations, monthly compliance reporting through SER, manifestation determination review (MDR), Extended School Year eligibility and planning, and evidence of collaboration
• Coordinates with network and itinerant staff to ensure that high quality service delivery occurs in accordance with student IEPs
• Conducts integrity checks to ensure the implementation of IEPs, behavior support plans, and the delivery of accommodations and modifications in the general education classroom
• Coordinates accommodations and alternative testing for statewide assessments
Driver of outcomes
• Observes, coaches, supports, and provides job training and professional development to school-based staff members
• Collaborates with parents, teachers, and service providers to develop academic and behavioral support plans (IEPs, FBA/BIPs)
• Collaborates with school-based academic leaders, teachers, parents, and paraprofessionals to ensure that students with disabilities are making progress towards their goals and accessing the general education curriculum to the greatest extent possible as determined by the IEP team
Other duties as assigned
SPED COORDINATOR reports to: School Director/Principal
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Education & Experience
Desired Qualities & Characteristics: