U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The U.S. Soccer Federation is seeking a Manager of Development who will work directly with mid-level donors and help manage both the day-to-day and long-term goals of the Development Department from fundraising communications, to stewardship, events and operations. The Manager will report directly to the Director of Development and oversee two Development staff members.
• With the support of the Director of Development, continue to grow the U.S. Soccer Development Fund (annual fund) to achieve or surpass annual fundraising goals
• Organize and execute operations for Development events, including VIP travel programs (“Patrons Programs”), U.S. Soccer Fantasy Camps, fundraisers, private premium events and unique game-day activities, delivering best-in-class donor experiences, to achieve program and fundraising goals.
• Manage, retain and grow a portfolio of midlevel donors using superior customer service, meaningful stewardship, and donor-centric fundraising best practices.
• Develop communications content and processes to enhance and maintain the highest standards in donor acquisition, retention and stewardship, and overall exceptional service across the donor pipeline.
• Develop and manage logistics in large-scale multichannel fundraising campaigns, including the annual end-of-year campaign.
• Serve as project manager for designed and printed team materials, including annual Impact Report, program guides and event materials.
• Work with colleagues across the organization to grow the Circle Insider program, improve delivery of Circle Insider benefits (day-to-day and game day) and enrich the Circle Insider experience.
• Maximize the adoption and optimization of U.S. Soccer’s CRM system, Salesforce, through day-to-day usage, maintenance projects, and creative problem-solving with tech support.
• Become proficient in the utilization and management of the Development Department’s online platforms for event and program administration, including Formsite, Squarespace, and Universe.
• Serve as an organizational liaison for the Events Committees of regional Development Councils’ in Chicago, New York, Bay Area and Los Angeles; and support the activities of the growing Champions Circle and National Women’s Circle.
• Support and enhance a culture of philanthropy at U.S. Soccer and a donor-centric fundraising program to best achieve fundraising and organizational goals.
• Manage a Development Coordinator and Associate (intern).
• Assist with miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5-6 years of successful development-related experience
• Proven track-record of donor management and sustained fundraising success
• Proven track-record of managing a range of world-class and multifaced events and programs
• Exemplary organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Superior written and verbal communication skills; professional demeanor
• Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritizing under a heavy workload, and project deadlines
• Effective and efficient problem solver
• High-level proficiency with the Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience regularly working with a Customer-Relationship Management (CRM) Database experience
• Able and willing to travel up to 20% of the year
• Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
• People-management experience
• Experience regularly working with Salesforce platform
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
• Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
• Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
• Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
• Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
• Open to criticism and does not make excuses
• Possess a tireless work ethic
• Wants to be part of a team that wins
• Has the ability to be firm but fair
• Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
• Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills