Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
The proper candidate will serve as the F5 Subject Matter Expert. He shall provide Tier III level F5 Load Balancer support acting as a reverse proxy, configure F5 Big-IP platforms for access from the internet to internal Client application servers, provide capabilities in supporting Boundary Security Devices, Active Directory, and firewalls to provide load balancing and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) services. The Engineer shall configure the F5 services to support Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, networking, PKI/SSL and other technologies as applicable. The F5 infrastructure is a mixed environment of VMware based and physical based devices. These tasks require capabilities in VMware Virtualization, and VMware cloud to perform the specialized EDM Boundary Security Device tasks.
The Engineer shall:
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Gateway and Firewall Services.
- Provide support for Gateway and Firewall related technologies.
- Monitor the health of Gateway and Firewall Services with Client-provided event management tools.
- Resolve F5 tickets escalated from the service desk or Tier II using Remedy
- Provide documentation, guidance and instruction to the Tier 1 / Tier II service desk for handling standard Gateway, Firewall and load balancer services related incidents, work orders and service requests.
- Submit and execute Gateway, Firewall Services, load balancer related Request for Change (RFC) tasks.
- Coordinate incident tickets between Tier II and III sections as well as Engineering and other sections.
- Support the change management process by submitting requests through Change Approval Board, participating in a Change Review Board, and providing information to support decision making.
- Escalate issues to third party product vendors.
- Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Monitor and implement, upon management approval, guidance from the USCYBERCOM.
- Configure Transport Layer Security access and logging on the devices.
- Provide analysis and remediation for DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) for all responsible technologies in preparation for annual Command Cyber Operational Readiness Inspections (CCORI).
- DoD Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
- IAT II
- At least five years’ demonstrated in network engineering, security and credential management.
- Experience with VMWare and its interaction with F5 virtual devices.
- Experience with F5 7200 and 10330 series Local Traffic Manager as a reverse proxy for all client external facing websites
Preferred Technical Skills:
- F5 Technology Specialist Certified
- F5 Architecture Design for Microsoft Exchange
- F5 Big-IP Access Policy Manager
- F5 Big-IP Local Traffic Manager
- F5 Big-IP Global Traffic Manager
- F5 Certified Solutions Expert (CSE)
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.