At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Research Manager is responsible for managing the team that processes products related to pre-employment background applications that include but are not limited to motor vehicle reports (MVRs), civil court cases, and criminal court cases.
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Manages budgets and resources effectively and efficiently; knows and understands organization’s financial position.
- Leads ongoing reviews of department processes and aligns review with organizational goals to optimize strategies, yielding low cost, high quality, compliant results.
- Facilitates meetings that drive innovation, enhancing department processes, establishing and perfecting best practices, and develops knowledge checks.
- Maintains a working knowledge of latest organizational processes and IT advancements to automate and/or modernize internal systems.
- Works with Learning and Development department to develop team members through continuing education programs for skill training and employee development.
- Develops and enhances team KPIs to ensure high performance to standards.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of services we provide to better facilitate questions and provide appropriate answers.
- Oversees quality and training programs to measure the effectiveness of programs and procedures.
- Recommends process improvements related to quality and onboarding which results in increased operational efficiency.
- Track trends and report to Operations Management on key findings.
- Acts as escalation point and subject matter expert in the tactical resolution of escalated issues to ensure issues are validated and sustained.
- Experience leading at the functional level is preferred.
- Experience presenting to clients is preferred.
- Experience using reporting tools and data sets to analyze and report data is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred. Salesforce is preferred. Articulate Storyline is preferred.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Certifications or licensure: Salesforce certification is preferred. Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.