The Accounting Manager works in partnership with the CFO to provide analysis and accounting support using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in performing the accounting and financial reporting functions required for the planning, controlling and reporting of the financial operations of Alliance and Healthy Alliance IPA (IPA).
This position will lead the day-to-day accounting operations, working collaboratively with external vendors and staff, and maintaining all aspects of general ledger, accounts receivable/payable and expense reporting. This position will prepare financial reports for the Alliance and Healthy Alliance IPA governance meetings. This position will also actively assist the Alliance team in providing financial data, developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain internal accounting practices/procedures and internal controls designed to safeguard the assets of the organization and verify the integrity of financial information
- Manage all aspects of general ledger including preparation of monthly financial statements for both the Alliance and IPA.
- Manage weekly receivable/payable processes; verify contract terms, ensure accurate coding, obtain approvals
- Ensure complete and accurate vendor files
- Manage daily cash reconciliation
- Manage Cash Flow
- Reconcile monthly credit card statement; ensure all documentation is on file
- Works in partnership with Human Resources to review and approve biweekly payroll, monthly benefit billing and other payroll/benefit-related policies and procedures
- Oversee the implementation of and adherence to the allocation plan
- Prepare financial reports for the respective Finance Committee, Board of Manager and Member meetings
- Maintain all accounting systems, including general ledger, bill pay/approval software, expense management, budgeting and financial modeling
- Maintain monthly and annual account workpapers and coordinate audit with external financial auditors
- Develop annual budget and spend plan with input from CFO, Finance Director & Senior Leadership Team
- Participate in the development of the organization’s financial plans and programs.
- Manage all year-end activities, including W2s, 1099s, tax returns
- Respond to internal and external inquiries; develop financial analytics/reports as requested
- Advises upper management and makes recommendations on internal control improvements
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Meet with stakeholders to streamline communication and add transparency regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Other duties as assigned
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field required, Masters preferred
- Accounting degree preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Preferred candidates will have 4-7 years progressive full charge accounting experience in healthcare or social care, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of health policy and government programs, including Value-Based Purchasing preferred
- Knowledge of social care programs preferred
- Proven administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Intermediate/Expert proficiency using MS Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online or comparable general ledger system and budgeting and forecasting systems
- Experience with Adaptive Insights
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail, highly analytical
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Commits to the Alliance for Better Health’s mission, values and goals
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds within a climate of mutual respect, inclusion, enrichment, and growth
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Develops constructive working relationships with others inside and outside the organization through cooperation and mutual respect
- Integrity & Trust: Able to earn others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Is seen as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy and is known to consistently adhere to a set of core values that are represented in decisions and actions. Maintains commitments made to others. Respects and maintains confidentiality
- Open Communication: Fosters open communication and listens to others objectively. Shares relevant information in a timely, logical, clear and consistent manner. Ensures information is passed on to others who should be kept informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises. Expresses oneself clearly & accurately in writing, speaking and when interacting with others
- Change Management: Demonstrated willingness to take calculated risks to achieve organizational goals and effectiveness. Sees opportunities for creative problem solving and innovation while staying within the parameters of best practices. Recovers quickly from setbacks, adapts approach to achieve solutions in dynamic situations
- Organizational Focus: Maintains focus and commitment to the mission, values and business strategies to find solutions that best serve the long-term vision of the organization. Maintains a commitment to goals and focuses on results and desired outcomes in the face of obstacles and frustrations
- Self-Management: Able to self-evaluate in order to proactively and continuously improve one’s own behavior and performance. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Conducts oneself with confidence, flexibility and personal credibility
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.