FirstLine Schools is currently seeking a Physical Education Teacher. The Physical Education Teacher will be responsible for implementing a robust physical education curriculum across a wide range of learners.
The Physical Education teacher will work with the school to:
- Ensure the planning and design of lessons that are aligned with Louisiana Health and Physical Education standards and GLEs
- Work collaboratively with classroom teacher(s) to successfully implement integrated instruction in the physical education program
- Assess needs of students and evaluate student achievement and learning in physical education and health
- May coach school sports teams and participate in student games (as applicable)
- Establishes effective classroom routines and manages students effectively without disruptions (redirect inappropriate behavior)
- Inspires and invests students in achieving their goals and in believing that goals are achieved through effort and not innate abilities
- Participate in faculty committees and professional development as required.
- Actively participate in the continuing development of school-wide curriculum, school structures, and school culture as we expand to full capacity
- Seeks out and constructively responds to feedback from and engages in problem-solving with others
Education & Experience:
- 2 or more years of lead teaching (as the teacher of record) (highly preferred)
- Demonstrated success working with students in an urban, open admissions school
- A BA or BS
- A strong background in and command of content area
- Louisiana Teacher Certification Completed or in progress (or be eligible to hold for our out-of-state applicants)
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
- Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
- Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
- Take personal responsibility
- Highly detail-oriented
- Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Model the FirstLine Commitments
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
TEACHER reports to: School Principal/Assistant Principal
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.