The National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) advances justice by defending the rights of children and improving the systems impacting their lives. We focus on complex challenges that disproportionately impact children and communities of color and on solutions that require multiple public systems to change their policies, practices and culture. We built our reputation and organizational success on embracing and encourage the collective sum of individual differences among our staff.
The Human Resource Representative reports to the Human Resource Partner and is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of Human Resource Department programs including payroll, leaves, workers’ compensation, recruiting and group benefits. This position provides excellent customer service and enforces company policies and practices.
• Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute all human resource programs.
• Process semi-monthly payroll.
• Administer all benefits, including facilitating accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions, payroll deductions and employee notices.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records and documentation.
• Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties and retirement celebrations.
• Facilitate other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
• Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
• Respond to and manage employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Oversee and maintain optimal function of the HRIS, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, data clean up and upgrade to applications, systems and modules.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS and benefits databases.
• The ability to articulate an understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace as it relates to employment practices and employee experiences.
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Three to five years of related experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of employee benefits and compensation.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. Salary is competitive at $68,765.00 or $75,618.00 depending on experience. NCYL provides health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick benefits, commuter benefits and employer contribution to a retirement plan.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit a cover letter and resume to apply. No phone calls or emails please.