Hill Brothers Transportation is looking for a Recruiter to add to our successful team who is highly motivated by sales goals, activity quotas and the desire to place candidates in positions where they will experience success! This position requires a sizeable amount of multi-tasking, outbound cold-calling and overcoming objectives. Recruiters will be responsible for maintaining their sales pipeline and effectively communicating with candidates throughout our extensive hiring area so organization is key! Transportation experience is not required but a willingness to learn and take direction is a must! We're looking for a right person to bring their positive attitude and ambition to our team!
• Interview driver applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills.
• Maintain current knowledge of company policies, procedures, operating area, benefits, Department of Transportation rules and regulations (DOT), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Inform potential driver applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, lease purchase options and job or career opportunities.
• Understands the role recruiting plays in the company culture, marketing and operational goals.
• Sell the various types of driver programs to prospective professional drivers through engaging questions and answers determine each prospective driver’s eligibility to become a qualified driver for Hill Brothers.
• Contact driver applicants to inform them of employment or contract possibilities, consideration, and selection.
• Perform searches for qualified driver candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media, and employee referrals.
• Review and evaluate driver applicant qualifications or eligibility according to established guidelines.
• Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours.
• Be able to provide real time updates on candidates within the hiring process to ensure timely and compliant hiring without sacrificing quality.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure hiring decisions are made in the best interest of the Company.
1. Hire a minimum of 2 drivers per week.
2. Work with the Safety Department to ensure all qualifying information is provided.
3. Follow the driver candidate through the Qualification process to provide information and answer questions.
4. Work with Processors to complete DOT DQ file.
5. Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours.
6. Comply with company policy and procedures.
• Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using whether it be verbally or written.
• Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of information at all times. Information only shared with "need to know" positions within the company.
• Adaptable – able to accommodate frequently changing priorities
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
1. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
2. Efficient keyboarding skills
3. Able to write and speak using correct grammar
4. Work in a fast-paced, moderately high stress environment
5. Knowledge of FMCSA Section 391
Education, certification, and experience requirements:
• High school degree or equivalent
Travel: May travel outside of the Omaha Metro area 10% of time