Dyehard Fan Supply, headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, is a start-up entity specializing in providing Retail Merchandise sales at sporting and entertainment events for its clients. Dyehard is growing rapidly from a combination of recent and pending acquisitions as well as organic growth through acquisition of new clients.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the finance department in both an accounting and financial planning and analysis capacity. The role will be responsible for reporting sales and inventory in the current accounting system as well as assist in providing valuable insights into the operations of the company in tandem with the Finance Director. The position will interact with all areas of the business to support and convey the understanding of costs, efficiencies, performance, planning, etc including the day-to-day financial operations of the company as well as assisting in long-term enterprise wide projects and initiatives. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data from multiple sources and systems for use in recording sales and related entries into the accounting system and as a data source for ongoing financial analysis.
- Provides insight and recommendations into the efficiency of operations based on the results derived from the various point of sale (POS) systems.
- Assist in the implementation of a company-wide POS system including initial inventory setup, establishing sales reporting, and recommending best practices.
- Analyzes variances and reports on the underlying cause and effect relationships between variables including cost volume analyses, product mix, pricing, fulfillment, and other metrics as applicable.
- Track ongoing sales data from multiple point of sale (POS) systems and prepare daily reporting deliverable to management.
- Works closely with the Finance Director to standardize the reporting packages that will be distributed and presented to senior management.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the company to assist in understanding results and to proactively find root causes for financial performance.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of online, event, and POS inventory items including sku tracking and ongoing product details.
- Enters approved purchase orders, matches receiving documents, and tracks inventory related to event merchandise in both the accounting system and related systems.
- Organizes pre and post event inventory counts, investigates variances with the event managers, and reports findings.
- Tracks revenues and expenses on an event basis, ensuring that the appropriate items are assigned to the correct events.
- Assist in any forthcoming acquisition integrations from an accounting and finance perspective.
- Other projects as assigned.